Sunday, September 18, 2011

"It's not about how fast you get there, rather the satisfaction of knowing you did it"

On my list of goals for the year I included running a half marathon. I have run three before, so it's not like this is something new; however, I wanted to push myself and see what I could accomplish. I completed the Miles with the Giant 2011 Half Marathon. This run wasn't about beating my previous times which were 2:27, 2:24, and 2:21 respectively, it was about finishing. And that's what I did, with a time of 2:37. Over the past two years, there were many days where getting out of bed was difficult and the thought of walking without pain seemed incomprehensible. I know my energy level isn't back at 100%, but I needed to prove to myself that I could do it. I was lucky...I am still here; I did it for those who couldn't.



 
Goals for 2011-2012:
  • Sky dive
  • 1/2 Marathon
  • Finish my degree (taking my last class now) and attend convocation
  • Spend a week on the beach
  • Trip to Banff
  • Visit Allison in Australia




1 comment: