Wednesday, December 22, 2010

“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me”

After my diagnosis, I was immediately off of work.  Fist, you need some time to get all the paperwork in order…HR, ROE, unemployment, insurance, etc, etc.  And second, I speak for myself here, but my brain felt like mush.  I had too much information and too many emotions to process.  Because of my location, and the fact that I required radiation treatments, I needed to pack up my stuff and move to the city.  My old roommate Summer, and her boyfriend offered me their spare room, and made me feel like I was at home.  The weekend before my treatments began, I decided to come to the city to get myself situated and to have a change in scenery as I was starting to get anxious.  I got a ride in with Summer’s mom.  She works over the Christmas holidays and was coming down to spend some time with Summer.  We spent a day shopping… great stress reliever.  Christmas dinner was amazing!  Great food, great company, and too many drinks!  I wanted to practice my puking technique…Yes I still had it!  Due to the self inflicted illness, Sunday was a movie day and before I knew it, it was my first day of treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment