Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Week 2 - "A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard”

I would have rather had the bodyguard, but I guess they were all taken...

So another short week...yay for long weekends!  On Monday I came into the city with my best friend Robyn and her husband Tyson.  They have already done so much for me, and they just keep on giving.  I must have done something right to get such great friends.  Once in the city they brought me to pick up some groceries and then we met up with Summer and Jeff for dinner.  Summer and I spent the rest of the night on Netflix watching movies...and then something devastating happened...I found and immediately pulled out my very first GREY HAIR!!?!?!?!?!!?!!

Day 1:  Blood work, Chemotherapy & Radiation

A long day...6 hours at the clinic.  I had the blood work first, I guess my counts are a tad bit low, so I have been scheduled for a blood transfusion on Thursday just to make sure it doesn't get any lower before my next chemotherapy next week.

Day 2:  Radiation

Day 3:  Radiation & Blood Transfusion

My dad came into the city early and sat with me while I received the blood transfusion.  I felt good after the blood...kind of like a burst of energy. 

I was so happy to come home again for the weekend.  I spent New Year's eve with great friends.  We ate crab legs and steak and played games.  The food was so rich that I ended up getting sick..but it was definately worth it.  I made it to midnight, said goodbye to 2010 and sealed it with a kiss.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think the Human Centipede had something to do with the grey hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cooper. Let just say you did everything right and are there for me just as much. MUAH. Wish we could have stayed the night, but I guess we have more fun to come this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I found my first grey hair when going through studying for my thesis defense. Got through that and haven't found one since...so once you are through all this you won't need to hair dye unless to get highlights :) Great Blog Jenn, glad to hear you are still smiling
    Becky

    ReplyDelete