Tuesday, February 22, 2011

“If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies”

Has cancer changed me?  I think that any stressful situation will somehow change your life.  I have the same life goals, but my priorities have changed.  The things that I thought were important aren’t so important after all.  One of my dreams is that I will get married and have a family…the outcome of that dream is still the same as it was prior to cancer, but the road to getting there has changed.  Since the road has changed, so has my behaviour and actions travelling that road.  The road that I have chosen is adoption, I think about it a lot, and even though the end of the road is years away, the actions I take along the way can affect the outcome.  Financial security, a career, and a solid relationship are all factors that a family or single mother look for when giving their child up for adoption.  Then having someone scrutinize your home and your personal relationships to determine whether or not you would make a suitable parent is also very stressful.  I am sure it’s not as nerve-wracking as I imagine…however, I don’t want to create any limitations, and the choices I make reflect that.  So has cancer changed me?...Sure it has.  I know look for the great opportunities in life that have been disguised as unsolvable problems and strive to achieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment