Monday, April 11, 2011

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page"

I meant to post sooner, but...(I really don't have an excuse except pure laziness). 

The trip that Zack and I went on was amazing!  It was everything I needed and more.  We had great company and beautiful weather.  Teri and Jon's wedding was beautiful and they had perfect weather.  If I could leave tomorrow, I would be on a plane back to the sand.  I tried to take it easy...something I have a hard time doing.  I spent a majority of the day lounging by the pool or on the beach, and was in bed by 10:30 each night. 

One of the excursions that I really wanted to do was ziplining, so Zack and I signed ourselves up.  The ziplining was amazing.  We took a tour bus an hour through the small towns and up the mountain.  We lucked out as our resort was the last to be picked up and the first to be dropped off :).  The trip on the mountain was exciting and the roads were so bumpy and steep.  As for the ziplining, there was 11 different platforms and 8 ziplines.  At times you could get up to 50km/hour.  There was a little bit of hiking at some points which I wasn't anticipating...but I made it!  I will definately be doing it again.

 

We also tried out surfing!  We attended a half day at El Macao Surf Camp with Robyn and Tyson.  We were all given dryland training and once we got onto the water we each had our own instructor working with us.  Let's just say it is not as easy as it look...well at least not for me!  But we all managed to get up...some more than others, the other being me, haha.  However, I ended up over doing it.  Over doing it + waves + accidentally drinking whole lot of salt water = sick.  At one point I held on to my surf board (dry heaving) and drifted down the beach just hoping someone would come save me, lol.  After the surfing experience I spent 24 hours in bed :(.  Was it worth it???  At least I can say I surfed...not well, but it is good enough for me.

I am definately looking forward to my next vacation!





No comments:

Post a Comment