Monday, January 17, 2011

Assignment 1 - Fly Hunting

One of my teachers from high school sent me an assignment for the days when I am having trouble smiling.  Of course he knew I would complete it because who am I kidding, I was and still am a keener :).  The directions were simple:
1.  Kill a few flies

2.  Put them in the sun to dry for an hour or so
3.  Once they’re dry, pick up a pencil and paper & let your imagination flow

Maybe not the most hygienic, but don't worry, I washed my hands and used sanitizer.  Finding a fly was the hardest part because it is winter.  I remembered a while back kicking a dead fly under the couch.  The chances were good that it was still there.  I was right.  Let's just say it was well dried out.  I have never claimed to be an artist, and with a very fragile fly (it broke in half and it's wings were already gone) I drew what was on my mind...zip lining!

3 comments:

  1. Jenn .... you continue to amaze me! Not that I didn't think you were an artist --- far from it. Your composition is superb; your attention to detail outstanding --- especially considering the limited resources you had! You've captured the 'essence' of the assignment perfectly, and completed it well before the due date. Congratulations! Now I truly hope in the process it's helped bring a smile to your face for on this end .... well, let's just say I'm wearing a silly grin from ear to ear!!! Take care and keep your eye out for a fresh fly --- one can never get enough smiles!
    Wishing continued good health. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art, is a great expression of thoughts. I thought the fly looked liked a flying peanut but thats my own art perception, We all can fly if we let go and try! Look under that couch again for some new inspirational art maybe a dust bunny is hiding, lol Got to love the arts, yes and a lot of smiles here too, nice composition, Be well and happy each day Jenn:) I hope to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. By allowing your imagination to soar you have brought yet another smile to each of us.
    Smiles are such a precious commodity, and one which we can all afford, but sometimes we need to be reminded to wear one.
    Thank you for making me smile, again.

    ReplyDelete