Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week 6 - "Live - Laugh - Love"

I had a great visit with Zack and it was really great to see him.  I really like to come home for the weekends because there is nothing better then sleeping in your own bed, but it was nice to not have to travel the 8+ hours.  I feel like the travel takes a lot out of me...even if I am just the passenger. 

Day 1:  Radiation
My mom and grandma flew in on the Sunday so I spent most of the time between appointments at the hotel with them.  I was sure not much of a host as I was pretty tired and was suffering a lot of stomach pains.  But all in all it was nice to see them and spend some time with them, as we don't see each other that often.

Day 2:  Radiation, Blood work & Dr. Appointment
So today was the day I had my internal appointment...*drum roll*...GOOD NEWS!!!  The doctor could feel some tissue thickening, but the bulk of the tumor was not present and also not visible.  He seemed very pleased with the treatments.  At the end of my external radiation treatments I will receive 2 internal "boosts" of radiation, known as HDR (High-Rate Dose) Brachytherapy just to make sure it gets it all.  Today was a good day!


Day 3:  Radiation

Day 4:  Radiation & Dietician Appointment
I never though I would get put on a diet to increase my protein and calorie intake but I did.  I have been having trouble eating partly because nothing really seems appetizing, and also because food has been irritating my stomach causing pain.  Don't get me wrong...I have been eating, just not enough.  The dietician said I have lost about 10 lbs...I think it's more like 6...either way I look about the same.

Day 5:  Radiation

No comments:

Post a Comment