Monday, January 10, 2011

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal”

It's a strange feeling being on the receiving end of an enormous support system.  If it was anyone else in my position, I would be doing everything I could to help support them.  I am not sure if it's my stubborness or pride that makes it hard, or if I am just afraid of accepting the reality of the situation.  I can't explain it, but it is difficult for me to accept the enormous amount of generosity and support that the people around me have displayed.  With that being said, I do whole heartedly appreciate everything!  There's a saying out there, something along the lines of every person we meet has made an impact on your life.  Even though I totally butchered that saying...the idea behind it is true.  I know that there are so many people out there who have had a positive impact on my life and they don't even know it.  I'm not saying that I have made an impact on someone's life, but I have received e-mails and letters from people who remembered me for one reason or another, and those are the things that make me smile.  Instead of waiting for illness or death, we should tell people more often the things that we remember about them...what they did that made an impact...what made you remember them..and bring a smile to their face! 

3 comments:

  1. We don't often see ourselves the way others do,kind caring and loving people. Friends will carry the load without question, you are with friends and family always. Remember He an't heavy he my brother or sister. Will maybe you don't it's an old song but a great one! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful heart, Jenn. It's so easy for everyone to see. Caring is no burden for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many things about you that have made me smile. But the strongest memories are of your love of an audience and your sheer determination to do your very best for that audience. Whether it was ballet recitals, bowling tournaments, gymnastics meets, school concerts, cheerleading competitions or just someone with a camera, your intention was always to perform your best; to make people smile. Do you remember when you made an entire audience gasp as you performed a few moves on the mini-tramp while your arm was still in a cast? You were determined to be a part of the show. Now, that makes me smile every time I think about it! It is that determination that will see you through this latest adventure.
    Love you always.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete