Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week 4 - "Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens”

Each week I feel a tiny bit worse then the week before.  But I am at the half way point now!!!  I have been so tired, but I don't want to sleep because I am afriad I might miss something, even though I know sleep will probably help me feel better.

Day 1:  Blood work
Blood work was good again this week...I'm thinking next week might be a transfusion week though.


Day 2:  Chemotherapy, Radiation & Dr. Appointment
I met with the doctor today and was given some good news.  Not anything regarding my prognosis or treatment...but still good news to me.  Back in October, I had booked a trip to the Domincan Republic, and I thought for sure with all of this that I would have to cancel or rather postpone the trip.  To my surprise...the doctor said to go!  It definately has given me something to look forward to...sunny beaches, great friends, and some much needed r&r.  My immune system should be ok by the time we go and even though I will still have the side effects of the radiation, they can be managed by pills and napping under a tree on the beach.


Summer and I had a really good philosophical talk on life and life experiences.  It helps that we both have a social service background and try to analyse the situation to really understand it.  It's nice to be able to talk with someone who gets you and you get them.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the whole concept of reflecting on your experiences and talking them through with someone who eventually has you come up with your own idea of how to move on (self-motivation, and encouraging the individual to take control over their own decisions, etc., etc.)  But let's face it, sometimes all you need is a little advice in the moment, and knowledge of what someone else would do if they were in the same situation.  So thank you Summer!

Day 3:  Radiation
I bit the bullet today...slept for approximately 20 hours!  It was worth it.


Day 4:  Radiation

Day 5:  Radiation

2 comments:

  1. Great news, a trip to a hot sunny beach sounds like a perfect way to enjoy some r & r. Get packing! Have a wonderful vacation Jenn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you got some good sleep! sitting in the sydney airport right now looking forward to 20 hours of sleep of my own!

    ReplyDelete