Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 5 - "It's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left"

I can't believe it is week 5 already.  So far I have lost about 4-5 lbs...my appetite during the week consists of cereal, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and popsicles.  It's all I want.  I try to stay away from anything hot because of the hot flashes...they are so not fun.

Day 1:  Blood work & Radiation
I was right...my blood work was a little low this week, so a blood transfusion was scheduled for Wednesday.

Day 2:  Chemotherapy, Radiation & Dr. Appointment
Today was my last chemotherapy appointment!  Yay for the last week of chemo induced nausea!!!  I received even more good news when I met with the nurse and doctor.  I had some concerns over an issue that presented itself.  A little to graphic for the blog...even for me.  I started explaining this issue with the nurse, when she looked up and said "that's awesome, it means the radiation is working!".  The doctor said the same thing.  Next week I am meeting with the gyno-oncologist to have a physical to determine the effectiveness of the radiation and determine how many internal boosts of radiation I will receive once I have completed the remaining 12 radiation treatments.

Day 3:  Radiation & Blood Transfusion
Again I slept a majority of my Wednesday...hopefully the new blood will give me some more energy for the rest of the week as Zack is flying in for the weekend thanks to the generosity of my employer, and my mom and grandma are coming in for a visit on Sunday.


Day 4:  Radiation

Day 5:  Radiation

No comments:

Post a Comment